Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Duke

This is Duke!
He is a WONDERFUL dog.
We rescued him from a shelter in FL.
He's about 1yr to 1.5 yrs old.
He tested positive for heartworms but we had already fallen in love with him!
So we are doing the slow kill treatment for his heartworms and hopefully b/c he is a young fella it won't take too long to kill them all.
He's SUPER smart and house broken (my kinda dog) He's VERY protective of his home.
With hubby on the road a lot driving a truck, I need a protector here for the kids and me. And well, he does the job! He follows me around everywhere!!
We've owned him for about 2 months now. He was getting REALLY active, and I thought maybe he'd like my Inlaws 80 something acres of land to run on so we let him stay there about 3 weeks. Well, he loved it! But the inlaws didn't like picking up their garbage every morning!! Duke is a BIG BOY (66lbs) and still bulking up, I forget that he's still a puppy!! He's a Lab mix, and as best we can tell, has great dane in him. Everyone thinks he is a puppy great dane!! =O But he IS full grown. Just has a head of a great dane I guess. Tho he is ALLLLLLL Lab. He loves the water, he loves running and fetching is is FAVE game!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Black Labs...reminds me of Ole